Well these guys took a while to do! Did these for Jack (and I don’t look forward to facing them on the table!) and he seems pretty happy with them! Continue reading
Finally getting some more paint on my bigger bugs! Shown are 3 Tervigon/Tyrannofexes, a Hive Tyrant, a Flying Hive Tyrant, 3 Biovores and 2 Zoanthropes I made some progress on last night.
These were primed zenithally, highlighted with white primer, then the fleshy areas were airbrushed with Minitaire Ancient Bone. Last night while watching 3 episodes of Elementary I mixed some Ghost Tint (5 parts Oil Discharge to 4 parts Green) and brushed it on the hard carapace/blade/claw areas.
have to finish off the Tervigons and then I’ll start touching up the spikes on the Tervigons with yellow Ghost Tint or maybe just green (or maybe green for the smaller spikes and yellow for the larger?), then magenta Ghost Tint on the tongues, vents and joints to match the first batch of Termagants I did. That should tidy them up nicely and once they’re mounted on the space ship bases I’m working on (the biggest bases will be custom-made for every model, I think, but I’m not sure yet) I’ll see what I should do about highlighting the carapace and blade bits – I don’t generally go for the cartoony extreme edge-highlighted GW look but it looks pretty good on Tyranids, I think.
In addition to these, I have a Mawloc, a couple of Carnifexes, another Hive Tyrant and 12 Warriors to do.
60 Termangants, just primed, based and painted this evening!
From front to rear:
10 with Fleshborers (to count for Termagants spawned during a battle)
29 with Spinefists
21 with Devourers (weapon of choice, the Spinefist-carrying ones are to differentiate between squads on the battlefield) Continue reading
Just finished these guys (I’m waiting to finish & cast my ship desk bases I’ll be doing in the next few weeks)
Fairly happy with how they came together, although the carapaces are a bit lighter than what I wanted. It’s OK though, they will vary in exact hue and tone but overall I’m pretty happy with the color combination. Definitely going for the Aliens color of dark green and the flesh color came out nice. I could do highlights and more but in the end these guys will be shoveled off the table in droves so I wanted something that was quick and easy. The airbrushing took no time at all, the brushwork (carapace and then the flesh wash) took about 2.5 minutes per model. I could drybrush highlights but meh. I’ll put more work into the big models though! Continue reading
Finally got some painting done! I’ve been doing quite a bit of RC (radio-controlled) car stuff lately but have just finished this for a friend:
This was a painting commission – if you’re interested in having me paint anything for you, drop me an email! frank dot mckinney at gmail dot com is my email, I’m in the UK but can post models wherever they’re needed. Continue reading