60 Termangants, just primed, based and painted this evening!
From front to rear:
10 with Fleshborers (to count for Termagants spawned during a battle)
29 with Spinefists
21 with Devourers (weapon of choice, the Spinefist-carrying ones are to differentiate between squads on the battlefield) Continue reading
Just finished these guys (I’m waiting to finish & cast my ship desk bases I’ll be doing in the next few weeks)
Fairly happy with how they came together, although the carapaces are a bit lighter than what I wanted. It’s OK though, they will vary in exact hue and tone but overall I’m pretty happy with the color combination. Definitely going for the Aliens color of dark green and the flesh color came out nice. I could do highlights and more but in the end these guys will be shoveled off the table in droves so I wanted something that was quick and easy. The airbrushing took no time at all, the brushwork (carapace and then the flesh wash) took about 2.5 minutes per model. I could drybrush highlights but meh. I’ll put more work into the big models though! Continue reading
Finally got some painting done! I’ve been doing quite a bit of RC (radio-controlled) car stuff lately but have just finished this for a friend:
This was a painting commission – if you’re interested in having me paint anything for you, drop me an email! frank dot mckinney at gmail dot com is my email, I’m in the UK but can post models wherever they’re needed. Continue reading
Here it is! This is my new painting area, ready for building, converting and painting. Pretty cool! I’ve finally got racks for my paints, a work light stolen from my computer desk and space for all my plastic drawers.
Click through for more pictures of how it (finally!) got to this stage 😛
Yikes! Has it really been that long since I’ve posted?
Sorry about that, I’ve been really busy! I’ve been doing scale models recently, I was on a holiday, plus sick this week, but I’m getting back into the swing of things!
Inspired by the Hammerfest/Goonpocalypse last weekend at Warhammer World in Nottingham, England, I’ve decided to try making my own version of the Khorne Lord of Skulls:
No, it’s not like I don’t have plenty of other projects to do! In preparing for the Apocalypse game I built up several models I’ve had laying about for a long time, plus rediscovered models that I’ve been wanting to paint! what am I doing…
I’ve been experimenting with casting stuff, so I’m hoping to make much of this as repeatable as I can, meaning I’ll make a master and cast it using one- or two-piece silicone molds. So the insect legs, the weapon, the head and hopefully the body as well, although that’s a big chunk of something! Even if I just use the molds to make a couple extra pieces for myself they’ll be quite handy.
And yes I’m planning to use this at some point as a counts-as (or proxy) Khorne Lord of Skulls from Warhammer 40K Apocalypse/Escalation, and hopefully look cooler (at least in my head) than the Khorne version…because it’ll be the Nurgle version!